This manifesto unpacks why better prospects are made (not just acquired as per conventional marketing wisdom), and why this matters.
A short 3500 word practical masterclass on how to attract better prospects into your world and onto your email list.
SOI (Sphere of Influence) is for people:
- Who believe that reaching the best people (for a solution that only they can uniquely provide), and ignoring everyone else, is the key to serving and mattering in a world of noise and distractions…
- Who believe that marketing that’s led with empathy, is better than marketing that’s led with the “latest” sexy sales/launch/conversion (whatever) sexy tactic…
- Who care about being the fiduciary for their peeps (even before money has ever changed hands), instead of seeing them as commodities…
- Who believe marketing is less about promotion and coercion, and more about reaching out to people and helping them to solve problems…
- Who believe that marketing is where we began our journey towards understanding what people need and want…
- SOI is a principles-based approach (think: strategy of preeminence and empathy-led marketing) to attracting the right people into your world and filtering out everyone else.
- SOI goes way beyond simple audience and list building; it’s about creating marketing that PULLS (the best) people towards you, your business, and the products you sell.
- TIP: The big secret is to have better prospects / customers / clients, and optimize for them from the very beginning (from the very first touchpoint).
If this resonates with you, read on. What I have will delight you and help you create deeper connections with your people and customers.
FROM SHAWN TWING ABOUT SOI:
I was fortunate to go through the beta version of Sphere of Influence after many years purchasing anything and everything that André has offered. Sphere of Influence sets the stage for everything else – it’s an MBA + PhD education in creating an effective, customer-centric, value-driven business in the 21st century.
More importantly, Sphere of Influence is a way of seeing the world that’ll forever change how you do business, for you and for your customers. André has created a masterpiece of deep strategic thinking combined with hard-hitting, practical, actionable advice.
Professionally, I’ve been on the front lines of the Internet marketing community’s evolution over the last two decades and Sphere of Influence represents the new reality of doing business online.
The wild west days are over, replaced with an emphasis on delivering real, sustained value over time to a group of customers you care about.
There is no better guide for your journey into this new world than André Chaperon — year after year he has consistently walked his talk living and doing business by the same principles he teaches in Sphere of Influence.
Stop whatever you’re doing right now and buy it. It’s worth 1000x the price because the moment you embrace its principles you’ll never be the same again.—Shawn Twing
CONTEXT: Shawn has run somewhere north of $50 million in traffic over the years [AdWords and FB] for himself and his clients. Shawn created our paid traffic module in SOI.
Sphere of Influence (SOI) covers the entire “front-end” of the marking funnel (in a unique and different way).
By front-end, I mean everything that happens leading up to someone adding themselves to your email list or taking a desired action.
(In some cases, that “action” could be making a purchase, registering for a webinar, filling out an application; whatever.)
- Someone sees an ad of yours (on Facebook), or an article you’ve written and published on the internet…
- They read it, are attracted to the story/idea/concept/hook (or what I like to call “a story hook of value”), and click…
- They end up on your website, at the start of your MPPS (multi-page presell site), where the “value narrative” continues…
- An MPPS is a “filtering system,” which, at its core, works to earn the trust and attention of the right people; PULLING them forward…
- An MPPS also “filters out” the wrong people (everyone else)…
- The distinction of PULLING (what SOI teaches) and PUSHING (the majority of direct response marketing) is an important one.
(As an aside: The traffic modules in SOI teaches how to do all of this.)
The dynamic (PULLING vs. PUSHING) changes how people see and respond to you. The former is a person whose attention you have and control, the later being your typical distracted attention deprived “goldfish” prospect.
There is more to SOI than this high-level, of course. The nuances is where all the leverage is; the between the lines stuff. Once you know the basics, the breakthroughs come in the nuances.
Instead of shallow content, shallow communication, shallow connections, in SOI we do deep.
Instead of creating content for “everyone” to snack on, we filter out everyone and create DEPTH and NUANCE for just “a few people” who care to be PULLED in deeper.
This is the essence of what SOI is about.
You’ll Become A Better Marketer
SOI will teach you how to be a better marketer.
You’ll learn a strategic principles-based skill that’s transferable to the marketing you already do, and the marketing you’ll do for years to come.
Marketing that won’t become “stale” because what you’ll learn is not based on shortcuts, hacks, loopholes, or some flavor-of-the-month tactic.
SOI isn’t about product launches. It’s not about engineering promotions. Not directly, anyway.
Rather: You’ll learn how to create empathy-led marketing that connects emotionally with the people you seek to serve.
You’ll learn how to move people from prospect to customer because you’ve demonstrated you understand their problem, and have a solution they care about and want.
When you do this well, “selling” becomes superfluous. It’s a thing of beauty when you create an asset that behaves like this.
You’ll learn how to create human-to-human marketing that matters to just the few people you seek to serve.
If this resonates with you, the method I’ve codified into SOI will blow your mind. It’ll reframe marketing for you. And, I have no doubt, will change the game for you.
You owe it to yourself, and the people you seek to serve, to become a better marketer, and SOI will show you how.