We’re not normal. And a buck gets ten, you’re far from “normal” too. It’s why you’re here, reading this page.
Seth Godin calls people like us “the weird”. He’s one of us, too.
We’re weird because we’re different; we fall outside of the normal distribution of the bell curve, where the status quo feel comfortable operating. That’s not us.
We operate closer to the edges — at the fringes.
We’re not about creating average products for average people (the ‘mass’ segment). We’re obsessed with serving and supporting and mattering to the weirdos of the world (other pockets of people just like us).
You’re a weirdo if you give a damn and care about what you do and who you do it for.
In the words of the philosopher Dr. Seuss:
“We are all a little weird and life’s a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”
This is why we created TLB Tribe
Earning an independent living from serving an audience and mattering to them, is f#cking hard work.
And it can be lonely at times.
Our TRIBE is how we help serve and support our community of weirdos, LONG-TERM.
We’re a group of people that have come together because we realized that in order to build something that we care about and which matters to those we serve, we need to quit thinking about it, and actually DO IT.
We can’t do our best work in isolation. We all need help from other smart motivated weirdos, who understand us; who are like us.
It’s why we created TLB Tribe.
It’s for you. And others like you.
- help keep your motivation up (and procrastination to a minimum)…
- help keep you connected with other smart people like yourself, so you can do your best work, not in isolation, but with others on the same journey, working to earn what freedom represents for them…
- help grow and scale your business, so you can reach more customers and impact more lives (and earn your freedom as a result)…
- help you build stuff people actually want (as opposed to what you THINK they want)…
- help you level-up your ability to operate at your HIGHEST LEVEL, both mentally and physically, because we care passionately about our bodies and wellbeing, as much as the freedom businesses we’re building…
- and perhaps most importantly, it’s a “Results Factory” — because we value learning through action and practice over just consuming “more stuff” because it promised some magic bullet result (the latter isn’t a business model, it’s a “drug addiction” problem—one that we can help with).
What does TLB Tribe cost?
Firstly, we don’t see our TRIBE as a “cost” (an expense on your P&L).
That’s not what it is.
It’s an INVESTMENT. In yourself. Your business. Even your health (we’re also biohackers; and we help our members “level-up” themselves as much as their businesses — because your business is nothing if you can’t bring focus, energy, and a clear mind to it).
It’s about EXPECTING to earn back multiples when you consistently show up and do the important work. And we’re here to help you every step of the way.
We charge $1,200 per 6 months (recurring).
There’s no payment plan or monthly subscription.
We charge semi-annually because we need (or rather, EXPECT) your commitment.
Paying once every 6 months frees you up from mentally fixating on the fact that your credit card is being charged each month (causing you to constantly evaluate the past month, as opposed to the overall progress you’ve made as a result of being part of the TRIBE).
Building a business online that serves others and supports your freedom, requires hard work and guts…
It takes time and commitment…
We’re playing the long game…
We’re building an asset…
And this is why our membership is a six month affair.
We’re committed to helping you; but we EXPECT your commitment right out the gate.
Over and above the $1,200 (per 6 months) investment, we also “screen” each and every person who has chosen to join us.
It doesn’t matter if your business is rocking 7 figures a year, or you still haven’t made your first buck.
We want to make sure you’re a fit for our TRIBE. We want to verify that you’re weird like us.
If you’re accepted, we’ll send you instructions on how to secure your membership. If you’re not accepted, we’ll let you know why, and we’ll part friends (new applications can be submitted once every 6 months).
We’re not into the business of creating scarcity just because we’re told that it’s smart marketing to add pressure to close the sale. That’s not how we roll; never has been.
We’ve had large memberships in the past. But we’ve not enjoyed the dynamic.
We discovered that we WANT (and CARE) to know about everyone in our fold. Because we can’t help you if we don’t know you, your business, and the challengers you’re facing.
People like Ryan Levesque and Russell Brunson and Jeff Walker work better at scale. If they could, they would have 10,000 people in their memberships, and be happy about it.
We’ve discovered that’s not us.
Neither model is right or wrong. It’s about finding what works for each of us, and how that dynamic translates to VALUE for the people who pay to be part of the private collective.
And we choose not to operate a paid community at scale.
We prefer small and boutique.
If nothing else, we’ve learnt this.
We’re the close and personal type.
If you’ve ever heard of Dunbar’s number — then you’ll know it’s a suggested cognitive limit to the number of people with whom one can maintain stable social relationships (in which an individual knows who each person is and how each person relates to every other person).
And that number is just 150.
Whether that number is accurate or not is irrelevant. I think from a meta-level perspective, it is.
Meaning, in this context, 150 is better than 500 (or 2,000), etc.
So this is why, currently, we’ve put a cap on how many members (weirdos) we’re allowing in.
Which is also why we have the application process…
… so that we can “cherry pick” the people we allow in, that will best serve the collective (and who we can best help).
There needs to be a certain “can do” mindset, and there needs to be a culture fit that’s inline with what we’re building.
- We’ll help you get clarity (so you know where you’re heading),
- we’ll help you plan and map out what needs to get done,
- we’ll help you prioritize what’s important (and what’s not),
- and we’ll help you execute on those tasks each quarter that move your business forward with the most momentum.
- The latter is done through applying “pressure” (accountability within the TRIBE).
- Yes there’s training, but that is secondary to the above…
- We’re focused on just-in-time learning as opposed to just-in-case. As such, we encourage our peeps to only seek out and consume a “knowledge upgrade” when they NEED it then-and-there.
- Ultimately we do all of the above because it’s the best, most efficient way for us to help move you to better RESULTS. Which is the whole point, right? 🙂
- RESULTS aren’t always measured as revenue. It could be longer term plays like more subscribers, better customers, released projects, unblocked constraints, mental upgrades, and of course, better health and wellbeing.
- Point is – after being in the TRIBE for six months, you’ll be BETTER OFF / FURTHER ALONG than having not joined.
- That’s the long and short of it, basically.
FINAL NOTE: It needs to be said that it’s *YOUR* responsibility to define what’s important to you (goals); to seek out the help you need (within TLB Tribe); and to take action on the necessary tasks.
You can cancel at any time. But we do not offer prorated refunds. You are making a commitment each 6 months, in yourself, and in your business. And we’ll support you every step of the way.